Each year you will meet with your executive team, probably at an off site, and plan for the coming year. The output of this strategy meeting will result in a plan, which then needs to be implemented throughout your company. This will include a communications plan, sales targets, product development strategy, financial targets and more.
Generally developed by the senior executive team, the middle management team are often left to implement a plan they had no part in the creation of. The executive team are often unaware of the conflicting implications middle management will have to work on.
Company Wide Strategy Adoption
Frustrated by misalignment of strategy execution and the need to test his new software, Tom Siebel, CEO of Siebel Systems Inc. (now Oracle Inc.) developed a very clear process to get the entire company on board. At the beginning of each quarter Tom would post his objectives through the company HR portal. His Senior Vice President team then had a period to review them and then set their objectives. The Vice Presidents would then review the Senior VP objectives and so it went down the line to the individual contributor.
I was one of those individual contributors. It certainly made the process of creating my quarterly objectives a lot easier to be able to look up the line to my manager’s objectives, including Tom’s, to see how I could execute to the companies objectives.
Once your company has aligned all relevant players to the strategy, it’s time to execute. As the next major hurdle, this is where your strategy either lives or dies. Helping people understand where their contribution fits into the big picture is key.
This is where CRMNow can help you gain additional insight into how to execute your strategy as quickly as possible. The Oracle CRM On Demand application, which is delivered via a SaaS model enables you to launch the new software with limited financial outlay and assign costs to capital expenditure (capex). As a SaaS service you have a monthly fee per user, that’s it. All software updates and upgrades are covered with your Oracle CRM On Demand agreement.
Across the many implementations we’ve worked on, we understand that long before software or a solution can be discussed, there has to be clarity about where the company is headed and what they’re trying to achieve. Our team will help you review your current business processes to ensure they are supporting and not hindering your strategy.
Managing The Change
Through our Business Horizons™ workshop we deliver a concise plan to quickly execute your strategy. Helping many companies execute the strategy has given us a degree of insight across many industries and government. While industries and government requirements differ substantially in some cases, the one common thread we’ve identified is the end user and challenges they face. We can help your team with a change management plan, this is often missed by companies when they venture into significant changes within the business. In addition we can introduce you to experts in this area with a proven track records of helping
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
We understand that for many companies change has to take place in chunks or stages. Our experience tells us that dumping massive change onto a user community can cause stress and a reduction in the quality of your customer service. We can help you avoid this by applying a best practice approach to launching new or modified process via Oracle CRM On Demand.
Top 5 Tips for Strategy Development
- Be clear as an executive team about the strategy. Workshop it, discuss it, review it and challenge your assumptions and then own it.
- Ensure the strategy is communicated to the middle management team, not simply sent to them as a PDF via email. Consider workshops where the Executive team explain the process you went through to arrive at the strategy, discuss those ideas that didn’t make and how you arrived at the ideas that did make it into the final strategy.
- Help individual departments set their own sub-strategy following the same format you chose to develop the corporate strategy. Help the individual contributors gain ownership of this process and help them understand how they can make a difference.
- Be aware of the change management requirements. Help your team make the move to new systems, processes by applying best practice processes.
- Decide which changes need to happen when, which user communities need to make the change first. Take an approach that introduces phases to your implementation, let people come on board in a way that they can continue to do their job and understands the benefits of using Oracle CRM On Demand.
To learn more about how we can support you through this process, Click Here to contact a member of our team today.